Back to the bolster covers.

The Ruby machine has gone to have a new back cover fitted, it had a small chip in it when it arrived here, I contacted Neil at Coles Sewing Centre (where the machine was used for demonstrations previously) and he agreed to order and fit a new back cover for me. I had planned to get all the embroidery done for the blouse so that I could spend today sewing it up on my other machine but I didn’t get chance to embroider the back so that is now on hold till the Ruby returns.

In the meantime I wanted to make the bolster cover to match the Tulip bedding tulips 002I was given for my birthday. I found a pretty cutwork tulip design that I could sew on the older machine and chose to embroider it in gold to match the stripes on the reverse of the tulip bedding. tulips 021

I then hemstitched the edging with the same colour thread. The colour also matches the gold in the pattern.tulips 022

Advertisements

One thought on “Back to the bolster covers.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s