Dresses, dresses, dresses

Having returned the Delphinium blue dress I started sewing a couple of dresses. The first based on Vogue 8766 imageis being sewn from black eyelet fabric and is almost complete. I have made a few alterations, firstly to change the bodice to a princess seamed one which I find more flattering. I used a Butterick blouse pattern as the basis for this and after some very helpful fitting advice and pinning by Pendlestitches I have a block pattern that fits well and is long enough to use as either a blouse or a bodice. Once the dress is completed I will use the altered pattern to make a second version in this pretty Japanese cotton sateen from Calico Laine.image

 

After returning the blue dress I was lucky enough to find another Phase Eight summer dress in a sale, this time in a fine silky 100% cotton fabric similar to cotton lawn, fully lined with a tulle petticoat. This time it is in the Geranium pattern, in vibrant reds, pinks, cream and green. It is so summery and as it is covered in one of my favourite flowers, after tulips of course, is a very appropriate dress for me to wear. image image

Advertisements

One thought on “Dresses, dresses, dresses

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s