My friend is expecting a baby in a couple of weeks and we are going out for a meal tomorrow to celebrate and give her presents for the little one. I’ve had a lovely time sewing a few things -firstly this little suit made from a French pattern by Citronille. The top and trousers are made from very soft cream needlecord, a joy to cut out and sew. The tulip buttons are so pretty and not too girly in case the baby is a boy (I’ve included a set of blue buttons in case she prefers a more traditional finish to a boy’s outfit though.)
I then started playing around with some cotton jersey fabric, Isabelle has some little bandana bibs that she has worn a lot while teething and I decided to try to copy them. I used an organic cotton sweatshirt fabric for the backing and scraps of cotton jersey for the fronts. The puffin jersey is brilliant isn’t it! The puffin and one of the striped fabrics are a pale blue but photographed looking grey, the pink is the correct shade. They are so easy to sew and will I hope be useful as well as decorative. They are fastened with nickel free press studs, which I had to insert with a hammer as my special pliers have disappeared. I’m very very tempted by a KAM press but for the number of press studs I use in a year can’t justify the cost so a hammer it is!
Please excuse the state of the kitchen table which desperately needs to be sanded down, although it’s “patina” does reflect its usefulness as an all purpose dining, sewing, diy station and generally useful space. Next week I’m back to sewing for Isabelle, she is growing rapidly and needs some new pinafores – I’ve ordered some cherry red and some navy needlecord for her and some very funky tights to go with her new dresses. She also needs new leggings for crawling about, so she’s getting stripey ones and puffin ones and some very pretty Liberty print jersey ones.